When you think of maxi dresses you might think days out in the park and festival chic, but, with the right accessories, the maxi dress can be a lot more flexible than you think. As well as being a great summer staple, a maxi dress can also add an easy injection of sophisticated style to your work wardrobe without any of the stress of coordinating tops and bottoms or finding the perfect tights. All you need to do is find the right maxi for your work environment and you'll have a reliable dress that's quick and easy to wear, meaning you can have a bit of a lie-in before heading to work.
Matching your maxi dresses to your job is simple too, just follow a few rules and you'll have a great look that lasts season after season:
- If you work in an office and smart business wear is a must, choose a block colour jersey maxi and team it with a blazer, pretty but plain pumps and simple accessories in subtle colours to give you an office appropriate outfit that won't look out of place in the boardroom.
- If you work in a creative environment and want to make a splash with your clothes, choose a bright and bold maxi in florals, spots or stripes and then add a leather jacket and some biker boots for a look that's simple and stylish.
- If your job means you’re on the move and you're travelling from meeting to meeting, layer your maxi with a cardigan or a jacket for a great look that will withstand the Great British weather.
- When the sun is out and you want an outfit that looks great at work or on an evening out enjoying the sun, wear a strapless maxi with a round-necked cardigan for a prim and pretty look that will also be cool and casual when the clock hits five.
- So there you are, it’s easy to work a maxi dress into your work wardrobe, whatever your career. As well as looking graceful and elegant, a maxi is quick and easy to wear and can be dressed up or down, making it a great day time to evening option. It's the figure-fixing favourite that hides a multitude of sins. All you need to do is slip it on and you're ready to face the nine to five.sponsored post